ONLINE WORKSHOP WITH TONY GENTILE
290€ with early bird by 31 March
WORKSHOP IN ITALIAN LANGUAGE
Where and how:
ONLINE WORKSHOP BY ZOOM WEBSITE
After registering, you will receive a reply with all the information to use the “Zoom” platform
WEDNESDAY 07 APRIL 2021 – 19:30-22:30 ITALIAN TIME
WEDNESDAY 14 APRIL 2021 – 19:30-22:30 ITALIAN TIME
WEDNESDAY 21 APRIL 2021 – 19:30-22:30 ITALIAN TIME
WEDNESDAY 28 APRIL 2021 – 19:30-22:30 ITALIAN TIME
From street to street, between news and breaking news.
What is Street Photography?
I have read many definitions or opinions of various experts about what this kind of photography is and how it should be done but in the end I could not get away from my personal idea that street photography is equivalent to photography, the characteristics of a street photographer after all they are what every good photographer should have. With this short course I will try to explain the closeness that exists between the street and news or news photography and how these two worlds are much closer than you can imagine.
- We will talk about how the news can be full of street photos that are not born by chance but are processed in the mind of a photographer who moves in a context in search of a well-defined narrative to give life to a reportage that describes a particular society.
- We will talk about the major photographers who with their street / news works have told the company in a specific historical period.
- We will analyze similarities between photographers belonging to different historical periods who have told similar stories in different periods.
- We will talk about how it moves within a news event, what you are looking for photographically and how to edit photographs in a short time.
- We will create a news report assuming we need to cover a story for a newspaper.